Born in 1982 in Antwerp, Tamara Van San lives and works in Brussels since 2018.
Tamara Van San studied at Royal Academy of Antwerp. Working with materials ranging from ceramics to synthetic gypsum to fiberglass, the thing to expect from her is the unexpected. Her work oscillates between sculptures and installations. The pure color used is the support of its proposals.
In 2018 Tamara Van San opened a space in Brussels, PANTHERA. This project aims to bring a dynamic and engaging focus to contemporary national and international art. In addition to an attentive curatorial approach, a comprehensive understanding of artists exhibited characterises it.
Tamara Van San participated in the following exhibitions :
– LE SOCLE, Groupshow | MUba – Tourcoing, 2018
– Bowing Monk, Standard Poodle and Other Scholarly Objects|Galerie Tatjan Pieters, Ghent, 2016
– Of the sea, The Historic Dockyard | Chatham, 2016 and Galerie Tatjana Pieters, Ghent, 2014
– We’ve Plumbed This Whole Neighbourhood | Lido, St Leonards on Sea, 2011
– The Wandering Tuba Method | SMAK, Ghent, 2010
– The Motley Crew | Middelheimmuseum, Antwerp, 2010.